Over the past couple of months I have been sharing with you all my new found love for Finish Quantum, the small but mighty dishwasher tabs. Recently Finish held a little webinar to help people understand better how their dishwasher works and how to get the most out of it. There were more than a few good bits of information and I wanted to share with you a couple of my favourite dishwasher use tips with you
Dish Washing Tips from Finish
- Water hardness, makes it difficult for dishwashers to work. – I know all about this, it’s sooo true. A few years back we didn’t have water softener and my dishes were always cloudy. Today I can usually tell if the water softener needs a salt refill when unloading the dishes.
- Stainless steel water bottles are fine to go in dishwasher, similar to pots and pans. – I have received many stainless steel water bottles that recommended that they not go in the dishwasher. Good to know that this shouldn’t be a problem.
- Dishwashers typically need 120-degree water temperature to work effectively. – Not something I knew
- A box powder sitting under sink will lose its effectiveness. – Under the sink is often the 2nd moistest place in the house (after bathroom), so the powder can cake up and clump together. However, detergents are designed to be activated by water – as soon as the detergent becomes wet, it’s activated and done all the cleaning it can do. By the time it gets into the dishwasher, it has lost its cleaning ability.
- Quantum is rated number 1 because it has both the enzymes and bleach cleaning agents. – both are important to properly clean dirty dishes.
Being part of the #FinishRevolution has been fun and exciting! Every time I load the dishwasher it is like a challenge to see how the Quantum will handle the task. I am never disappointed! I still have powder detergent so being the frugalista that I am, I don’t really want to waste it. So every once in a while I will do a load with the powder and every single time, I am stuck with baked on dirt and residue left over on my plates and bowls. Grrrrr….. Now that I know the power of the Finish Quantum, I will never go back. We are lifers for sure!
Ready to take the Quantum Challenge???
One lucky reader will take home 2 boxes of Finish Quantum to put their dirty to dishes to the ultimate test!
Disclosure: I am part of the Finish Blogger Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.