Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

My kids are breakfast eaters. They are pretty picky at the best of times, so they rarely eat a good dinner, but come breakfast they are starving and luckily enough it’s one meal that they actually love. So we often have a breakfasty type lunch and one favourite is pancakes.

Last week, I was just about to make a big batch of pancakes for lunch when I noticed the peanut butter jar still on the counter from breakfast and lightening struck! Why not marry the two! I almost just scooped some PB into our boxed mix but decided to go all Martha Stewart and make them from scratch. I looked at a few recipes on the web, including this one from recipe boy, but I knew I could do a little better and inspired by his, I created my own.

PBCC pancakes text

5.0 from 11 reviews
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Recipe type: Breakfast
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • ¼ Whole Wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon flax
  • 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1¼ cups milk
  • ½ cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1 large egg
  • chocolate chips
  1. Preheat a skillet to medium and spray with nonstick spray.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, flax, sugars, baking powder and salt.
  3. Add milk, egg and peanut butter to the dry ingredients and stir gently until all is combined.
  4. Pour about ¼ cup of batter per pancake on griddle to form 5-inch pancakes. The batter spreads as it cooks, be careful that they don't run into eac hother.
  5. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips onto each wet pancake, flip when bubbles start to appear and underside is a nice golden brown.
  6. Repeat until all batter is used.
  7. Serve with maple syrup.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Breaky Time!

1. These look and sound delicious!!

2. Sounds delish! Love the ingredients. Flax is awesome!

3. Yum! My kids would love those pancakes…espeically my 12 year old son! They would make a great meal for lunch or dinner too! Now I am hungry Jen! Thanks for sharing! Angie xo

4. peanut butter… chocolate…. and maple syrup???? does it get any better?!?

5. Absolutely mouth-watering! I would of never thought to put all those ingredients together.

6. I would never have thought to put peanut butter in them. I might just have to try that.

*coff* Pancakes are one of those things that you just should mix yourself. :):) Try it three times and you won’t even need a recipe anymore.

7. Judy Cowan says:

I am sure these would be a big hit in our house, anything with PB is! I don’t know why I haven’t thought of adding it to pancakes before, thanks so much for the recipe!

8. Anne Taylor says:

I haven’t had anything to eat yet today and these have made me very hungry! Thanks for the recipe, I’m sure everyone will love them!

9. Thanks for the recipe, they look delicious!

10. Holly Wright says:

I have to make these for my niece and nephew next time they come for a sleepover thanks for the great idea!

I would really love one or two of these pancakes right now. YUM! LOVE chocolate chips added to anything!

12. Susan T. says:

Peanut butter is my favorite! If it has flax in it then it’s healthy right? 🙂

13. Maggie C says:

Best combo of flavours!! I’ve never thought of having that for breakfast…thanks for the idea!

14. Linda Bragg says:

Well now I have never tried adding anything to experiment in my pancakes but I think it might be time to try!! My hubby has always taken peanut butter and jam sandwiches with him every day to work….along with a reg. meat sandwich too!! I might add. So maybe peanut butter in our pancakes just might be ok… I am definitely going to try it…..but think I will add to already boxed pancake mix first. hope he likes it…..time will tell. 🙂 gonna surprise him!!

I would love to try these. I’ve never had peanut butter pancakes before.

16. I’m salivating — I love breakfast! Peanut butter and maple syrup is one of my favourite combinations — adding chocolate chips just puts this recipe over the top! Thanks for sharing!

17. Angela Massis says:

Wow this recipe looks delicious. I have added chocolate chips before with banana but not flax or peanut butter. This is a definite must try recipe 🙂

18. Rebecca H says:

I know chocolate chips but never thought of peanut butter! Thanks! Will try!

19. Elva Roberts says:

I think you had a great idea to add peanut butter to your pancake batter. Most people love peanut butter and children especially do. The added few chocolate chips add a little extra oomph. I am planning on making this recipe. Thank you for it.

20. Caroline says:

These are a favourite around here!

21. Aimee Robison says:

These sound super delicious. I am going to be trying them out for tomorrow’s breakfast. Thank you for posting this recipe.

22. SueSueper says:

This recipe would be a hit in this house.

Thanks for sharing.

Funny how a couple of added chocolate chips can get a kid to eat a plate of pancakes

24. Alexa Nernberg says:

This recipe sounds divine. Kids of all ages will love this recipe. Thanks.

25. Jennifer Manganelli says:

OMG what more could you ask for, for breakfast!!

26. I would love to make these for my family. They look so good. Maybe this weekend! 🙂

27. These look so easy & so good, ty for sharing I must make these for my kiddos! :o)

28. Well, I’m sold! Looks delicious!

29. My kids would love these, especially my youngest!

30. Amy Lovell says:

YUM! These look delicious! Thanks!!

31. I want some of these pancakes right now!

. I’ve never had peanut butter pancakes before,sounds delicious

33. Alison Braidwood says:

I’m not a huge pancake fan, but you’ve got even me tempted with this recipe!

34. Omg, have to try this!

!My grandkids love those pancake

36. Rosanne Robinson says:

You have all of my grandson’s favourite ingredients in this recipe, he’ll absolutely LOVE these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes, thx!!!

37. Yum! Love peanut butter and chocolate together

38. These look really yummy!

39. Debbie White Beattie says:

I love how healthy and yet yummy these would be. I’ll have to try them !

40. Jamie hall says:

These look amazing , thanks fir the recipe

41. stacy kozier says:

These sound delicious! I cannot wait to try making them this weekend!

I have been craving peanut butter lately. I have to make these tomorrow. My boys will love this!

Hubby made these this morning they were delicious,thanks

44. Sounds interesting, perhaps I should give these a try!

45. Wow! Those look great. I can’t wait to try them.

46. very easy to make

47. My granddaughter is a picky eater but she loves everything in this recipe.

I would love to make these for my boys before BTS!

49. I’ve never thought of adding peanut butter to a pancake recipe – sounds good.

50. Peanut butter and chocolate is a match made in heaven.I am anxious to try these delicious sounding pancakes.Thank you for the post.