My kids love Peanut Butter, but through the school year I leave it out of all of our baking so I can send the snacks to school for the kids. When summer vacation roles around, it’s a Nut free-for-all and everything from peanuts to walnuts to pecans and almonds all go back into our treats!
If you’re the same, try these delicious Double-Nut Cookies, featuring peanut butter and pecans! they are soft and chewy and delicious! Be ready to sneak one warm out of the oven with a glass of milk!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375F
- Mix first 3 ingredients until blended in a med sized bowl.
- In a large bowl beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars with a mixer until creamy
- Add egg and vanilla; beat 3 min or until fluffy
- Stir in flour mixture gradually until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough, onto baking sheets, press with the back of the spoon to slightly flatten
- Bake 9-10min or until lightly browned
Get Nutty this Summer!