Nutella Hot Chocolate

Okay so this whole Polar Vortex thing is not for me. Probably not for anyone for that matter, but I just HATE HATE HATE being cold and last week was ridoinkulously cold! We’ve been experimenting with hot chocolate recipes to keep toasty warm while the snow, ice and cold have been beating us down in Ontario this Winter! I have to say that this Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe is pretty darn fine! Grab your slippers and mug and hunker down in a good blanket with this chocolatey goodness!

nutella hot chocolate

Nutella Hot Chocolate

In a sauce pot combine

4 cups milk
1/4 cup nutella
1/4 cup hot chocolate powder

Whisk together until everything is nicely mixed and use medium heat until desired temp is reached. Give it one final whisk and pour into mugs. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows.

This creates a nice and creamy hot chocoate with that delicious chocolate/hazelnut flavour that nutella is famous for! Recipes serves 2 adult and 3 child sized portions for us

nutella hot chocolate

Big mugs can be hard to handle for small hands, especially with warm liquid inside. I give my kids hot chocolate in tea cups as a solution! It’s a better portion size for little ones and not as heavy to hold on to, but they still feel very grown up with their cups that match ours!

nutella hot chocolate teacups

Keep Warm Out There!

Comments

1. Amie Gaudet says:

Great idea. I HATE the cold too.

2. Teresa Claire says:

I love hot chocolate! This sounds divine!

3. What a treat! I bet my kids would love this. 🙂

4. Oh gosh. How come I’ve never thought about this before. GENIUS. My kids would love this. 😀 Thanks!

5. What a great idea! I would have never thought of adding nutella. DS5 is obsessed with Nutella and we have it almost every day! He is just starting to request hot chocolate so I think he’d die if I made this!! Mom of the year award coming tonight after school thanks to you! 😉

6. At one time I had so much Nutella I could not give it away. Our neighbour worked where they packaged it and kept giving it to us lol I wish I knew all of these uses for it then. we just had it on bread

7. Funny. I would never have thought of making hot chocolate this way. Does it have a nutty earthy taste too it? Laughing at Kim’s comment. That’s insane. My kids never get Nutella. They tried it for the first time in the summer at the cottage because my nephew is addicted to it. My kids thought they were in heaven.

8. ooooh so trying this today! Looks delicious

Mmmmm! I’ll have to try this. I didn’t know you could make Hot Chocolate from Nutella.

10. Debbie White Beattie says:

this sounds delicious, I never thought of using Nutella this way

Wow,another way to use Nutella,going to make this when the kids come…oh yummy

Thank,the grandkids thought i was the best grandma ever when i served them this !

13. Cheryl MacPhail says:

Oh my this sounds amazing!! I so have to try!! Thanks 🙂

Hot chocolate has never been my thing and I definitely don’t like Nutella but all my kids did and still do as well as all my grandkids so I’m the odd one out. I’m sure they’d all love this. 🙂

15. My kids looove Nutella and they looove hot chocolate. This would be a great treat for them.

16. Never thought of using Nutella this way. We’ll have to try it!

17. Never thought of making hot chocolate with Nutella. Sounds totally decadent!