Free Knitting Patterns for Boys

Diamond Pattern Hat

Minion Hat

Polar Bear hat

Frog Hat

Fish Hat

Gull Stitch Toque

Skeleton Hat (they look like storm troopers to me!)

R2D2 Beanie

Baby Mitts

Baby Nordic Mitts

Zig Zag Mitts

Bug Mitts

Cupcake Mitts

Sock Monkey Mitts

Attached Mitts (and hat set)

Flip Over Glove/Mitts

Halloween Spider

Skeleton Mitts

Skeleton Sweater

Pumpkin Hat

Turkey

knit reindeer beanie

If you have any free knitting patterns suitable for boys you would like me to add, shoot me an email at momvstheboys at gmail dot com

See Also:

The Big List of FREE Sewing Patterns for Boys

free crochet patterns for boys

Free Crochet Pattern Listing for Boys

Comments

1. Wow! What a fantastic list of knitting patterns. I’d love to make some of these for my boys.

2. Thank-you! What a great list of patterns to add to my knitting library. Maybe I can use some of them to use up some of my yarn stash!

• momvstheboys says:

I’m the same way, I love collecting all kinds of materials and then I never get around to using them! lol I have a scrapbook in my closet and paper that’s never been used lol

3. Some of those are incredibly cute. Too bad I don’t knit. My daughter is already better at it than I am. Maybe she will be able to make a cute hat from this at some point.

4. Great list! I wish I could knit, but every time I try I find it to be the most stressful craft ever.

5. That’s a great list! (Now I just need to learn how to knit!)

6. My guy who likes green would love the froggy with heart hat! What a great collection of knitting patterns!

7. hi i have just joined have you any minnion jumper patterns for little boy he is mad about them cant find them anywhere easy ones lol

8. Rosa Cross says:

With a new little nephew coming in April, I may have to have a closer look at some of these patterns. Thanks!

9. Cheryl Grandy says:

Wonderful ideas. It seems there are so many cute things for girls; it’s great to see a collection of great ideas for boys. Thanks.

10. Thanks so much! If I could please make a request it would be to update the list including skill level. I’m good with the basics but only just re-learning how to knit!

11. Linda Bragg says:

I am so excited that come this September I am going to be a Great grandma!! With that said as of right now, I don’t know the sex but that is ok cause I love these knitted things for boys. We are all hoping for a boy!! So many cute designs!! I love this and going to keep this to make something for my new great grandchild… will be so much fun!!

12. Catharine says:

Great list. I love finding unique patterns for boys

13. Aimee Robison says:

This is a fabulous list of knitting patterns for boys. I am always looking for different ideas to do for my boys, so this is perfect. Thank you.

14. Elva Roberts says:

I love to knit and I knit for my family. Imagine my surprise this afternoon when I realized that you had knitting patterns on your blog- designed for boys. I am overjoyed and I will be trying out some of your patterns for my great grandsons. Thank you so much for allowing us to use these patterns.

15. Darlene Demell says:

Great list of patterns here, thanks for sharing. I printed some out.

16. Anne Taylor says:

What an amazing list! I used to knit, but I haven’t for many years. I may have to pull out the needles soon!

17. If I only knew how to knit… Lots of super cute patterns!

18. Wanda Bergman says:

I would love to make that Knit Reindeer Beanie for my friend’s little boy. It is so cute! … But so are ALL these patterns!

19. Oh my goodness I love the frog hat – how cute is that!?

20. Marilyn Legault says:

Love the reindeer for Christmas season

21. Thanks for the links! I’m actually planning to knit a blanket for my 2 year old Grandson in the near future and these help.

22. Debbie Bashford says:

bookmarked this page!! thanks

Love the photos of the boys wearing their hats, super cute. I used to do a lot of knitting but not anymore.

24. There is to many. I don`t know which one to start with. They are all to cute. Thank You

This is a HUGE list! Thanks so much. So many options for boys. So happy to see that.

26. Darlene W says:

Tiger Stamped Hat is so cute it would be great for our Hamilton Tiger Cat football games

27. Darlene W says:

the jingle bell elf hats are really cute

28. Darlene W says:

the Halloween spider is awesome this would be great at our mall sale for HomeFront Cancer Services

29. Darlene W says:

The Bunny Blanket is so sweet, especially for the newer born

30. Mary Anne LaRocque-Ouamar says:

So many creative ideas in one place! Now if only I knew how to knit!

31. Debbie Bashford says:

wow! going to pin this page, thanks for a great list!

32. Darlene Demell says:

I have a hard time sometimes looking for patterns for boys. This list will help. I really like the army hat.Thanks for sharing.

33. Linda Bragg says:

I have a grandson who these cute knitting projects would be nice for….. It’s always nice to make something to take back home when we go to visit for the family and always especially nice when it’s something hand made for them to keep and pass down (if it dosen’t get worn out!!) to possibly their kids. I try to go every year but did not make it down to Ohio from Ontario this year so I’ll have all winter to knit something special. I have pinned these to my pinterest board. I have grand daughters also I like to make for too!!

34. Sara Lima says:

That R2D2 beanie is giving me LIFE. I love R2D2. <3 I want one for me, lol.

35. Will have to pass this on to my mom! I don’t knit…Great list, though!

36. Oh my goodness! I wish I could knit, these are abodable!

37. What a great list of pattern resources! The bunny blanket will be fantastic for Easter – gotta start that now!

38. I really like the polar bear hat. Thanks for the info.

39. janine a says:

love the yoda hat! thanks for the patterns

40. very big list, thanks for sharing

41. salexis alexis says:

Seriously if I knitted, these little hats would be in every single baby shower gift I give – instead I will have to share this with my friend who knits – I’m sure she would love to try them!

42. Darren Scrubb says:

Cute looking hat many children will enjoy to have.

43. joanne darrell says: