This taco dip is nothing short of amazing, I promise! We love this dip for entertaining or just a cool summer side dish on the patio. Follow my recipe or top it with whatever you like to pile high on your own tacos, it tastes exactly like your favourite tacos in a dish! Enjoy!
Let’s get started!
Beat 1 package of softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sour cream and 3/4 of mayonaise together until smooth. Spread into your dish to form the base of the dip. Pop this into the refrigerator for about an hour or until the meat mixture is prepared to go on top.
In a large frying pan, brown beef; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Cool completely, I often pop this into the freezer if I am in a hurry to speed things up.
Okay time to assemble, spread the beef over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with chopped lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes and anything else you might like on your tacos! Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- 1 package (8oz-250g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (8oz-250g) tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Tortilla chips
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Spread into the bottom of serving dish or pie pan and refrigerate for one hour.
- In a large frying pan, brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely, spread meat layer over top of cream cheese layer.
- Just before serving, top with lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes (anything else you love on your tacos) and serve with tortilla chips.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!