It’s beginning to taste a lot like Christmas!!
I discovered these sweet little morsels a number of years back and added my own little twist. They are now part of Christmas every year for us and the holiday just wouldn’t be the same without them! Sometimes, I add white chocolate chips as well, just for a little extra colour, but either way they are scrumptious!
You definitely want to make these, so here’s how!
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Preheat oven to 350 F to start. In medium mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar). Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Do you have a pastry blender? I don’t. I cheat and use a wide wisk and mash the butter and flour mixture.
Press firmly onto the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 15 min.
Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, beat condensed milk, 1 egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir in skor chips and 1 cup of pecans. Spread evenly over the prepared crust. Sprinkle one cup of chocolate chips on top. You can also try a half cup of semi-sweet and a half cup of white chocolate chips for a pretty look. Bake for 25 min or until golden brown. Warning- this smells AMAZING!!! Hold yourself back! Let cool thoroughly.
Cut into bars or squares like I do and store covered. These freeze nicely for baking ahead of time.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package skor chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or ½ cup semi-sweet, ½ cup white)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Press firmly onto the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan.Bake 15 min.
- Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl beat condensed milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in skor chips and nuts. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 25 min or until golden brown.
- Cool and chill thoroughly.
- Cut into bars.