With three boys in the house meal times can be hectic, there’s always so much going on during that time of day, it’s crazy! To make things easier, I try to have quick and easy recipes on hand and keep a cupboard stocked full of essentials like VH Sauces.
VH Can Turn Any Meal into an Exciting Meal!
My boys are picky, picky, picky and rarely enjoy dinnertime, but one thing our whole family enjoys is PIZZA! While the boys stick to cheese or pepperoni for our adventerous one, us adults like to liven things up a little! This past weekend, we tried our first ever Indian Pizza using VH Butter Chicken Sauce as a base! Loaded with chicken, tomatoes, onion, and spinach this was no ordinary pizza and was a much welcomed change!
Feeling adventurous from the Butter Chicken Pizza, we decided to give another VH recipe a try with the Korean Pork Lettuce Wraps, Here’s the recipe below, so you can try it too!
- 1½ lb (675g) pork tenderloin
- 1 cup (250ml) VH Korean BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30ml) VH Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- PAM Grilling Spray
- for wraps:
- 8 whole romaine lettuce leaves, washes, dried
- 2 cups (500ml) cooked rice
- ½ cup (125ml) grated carrot
- ½ cup (125ml) green onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup ( 250 ml) cucumber, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Slice the tenderloin lengthwise into 4 pieces, creating 4 equal strips. Pierce strips all over with a fork. Place in a plastic freezer bag with ½ cup VH Korean BBQ Sauce and lime juice.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 1 day
- Spray grill with PAM Grilling Spray and heat to medium -high. Remove pork from marinade and wipe off excess, discard marinade. Place pork on a grill and cook for 4 minutes, flip pieces over and begin basting with ½ cup of VH Korean BBQ Sauce, continue cooking 5 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Slice pork into ½-inch strips and serve alongside other garnishes.
- To assemble wraps, fill lettuce leaves with rice, pork, carrots, cucumber additional sauce and green onions.
Just check out how beautiful this came out!
Isn’t it gorgeous? The brightly coloured veggies really set off the meat and I added the sesame seeds for fun! This meal really was both quick and easy to prepare even with boys ‘helping’ me out in the kitchen!
Looking for more recipe ideas to excite your dinner routine?? Visit the VH Facebook Page for all kinds of interesting ideas!
To spread the dinner excitement around, I’ve invited LaQuita from Just Us Girls to take part in the VH Excite Your Dinner challenge as well! LaQuita’s blog is full of recipes for tasty meals and cool bevvies, I can’t wait to see what she creates in the kitchen with VH!
VH is giving you a chance to Excite Your Dinner too!
Disclosure – I am participating in the VH Excite Your Dinner blog tour by enCompass Media on behalf of Con Agra Foods. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion.