The more I cook Indian food, the more comfortable and creative I am able to be. There was a day that even the thought of cooking Indian food at home intimidated me so much, I wouldn’t even try it, but now I am realizing just how easy it is. Not without some help though, my husband is fearless in the kitchen and always up for the challenge of trying something new and he makes all of our naan bread fresh and warm for our meals! It’s amazing! And Patak’s takes the guess work out of spices by preparing curryies and chutney’s that are already the perfect mix of flavour, it leaves you limitless to what you can create with them! Last weekend, my husband and I cooked up these outstanding Curry Chicken Wraps with an amazing Sweet Mango Chutney Sauce, that was to die for! I kept interrupting our movie with bursts of “oh my gosh, these are sooo good!” and they truly were, I can’t wait to have them again!
Curry Chicken Wraps with Sweet Mango Chutney Sauce
Thinly slice chicken breasts, sprinkle with salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Rub all over with Patak’s Mild Curry Paste and let marinade while you prepare your naan for cooking. If you are using prepared naan, you can choose to let marinade for a while or go ahead and use right away.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat pan and cook chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. OR you can cook your chicken on the barbecue or indoor grill which is what we used at home during the winter’s chill. This meat will have so much yummy flavour!
To make the sauce, combine sour cream, Sweet Mango Chutney, green onions, 1/4 tsp black pepper in a small bowl.
Prepare you wraps with lettuce, chicken, red pepper, and the sweet mango chutney sauce, roll and secure with a tooth pick.
Because we made our own naan, we were able to adjust the thickness to our desire and we choose to make them quite thin instead of the traditional think naan. Either way will be amazing, just warm the package naan bread first so it is nice and soft.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Patak's Mild Curry Paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney
- 2-3 stems sliced green onions
- 1 package purchases white naan bread or make your own
- Leaf lettuce
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- Pound chicken to ½ inch thickness, sprinkle both sides with salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Rub all over with Patak's Mild Curry Paste.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat pan and cook chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Or cook to doneness on an indoor or outdoor grill.
- To make the sauce, combine sour cream, Sweet Mango Chutney, green onions, ¼ tsp black pepper in a small bowl.
- Prepare you wraps with lettuce, chicken, red pepper, and the sweet mango chutney sauce, roll and secure with a tooth pick.
To be honest, I’m not a fan of the Sweet Mango Chutney sauce straight from the jar, but once combined with the sour cream (you could use a greek yogurt here too) it was really amazing! So don’t skip this sauce, give it a try and I bet you’ll just love it! It made a really great veggie dip as well, so I cut up some red peppers and cucumbers to have on the side.
I am part of the Patak’s Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.