Canada Flag Craft

Happy Canada Day Canucks!

Canada Day is just around the corner and the boys have been busy painting themselves some fun Canada flags for the occassion! I used to do this craft with the kiddos when I worked in day care all the time, but it was a first time for my boys to have a go at them. They turned out great!!

Canada Day Flag Craft

What You Need:
White Construction Paper

Miscellaneous Paper
Sticky tack or tape
Red Paint
Red Sparkles (optional)

The trick to not getting any red paint on the inside of the white flag is to cover that area with another piece of paper. So cut one to size (the paper we had was already a perfect fit) and use a bit of sticky tack (that blue stuff teachers use to stick things to walls) or a small piece of tape and put it in the middle of the white flag paper.

Now let your kiddos paint to their hearts content. We used paint brushes but you could use sponges or finger paint, whatever works for you.

See the brown? it just peels off later

Once the sides are done, pull the coloured paper off of the top to reveal a nice clean white surface for making your leaf.

To make the leaf paint your child’s hand red and press it down three times. Once centered, once to the right and once to the left. Overlap the palm each time and use one finger to make a stem.

You can sprinkle red sparkles on now while the paint is wet or in our case we had red sparkle glue and we went over top of the red paint after it was dry. Either way works fine.

Have a Great Canada Day!

Looking for a fun red and white treat for the kids on Canada Day? This Jell-O Swirl Ice Cream is so quick and easy, you’ll be amazed!

Jell-O Swirl Ice Cream for Canada Day

Comments

1. This is cute!! Happy Canada Day!

2. Cute! These are going to look so cute hanging around the house for Canada Day!

3. Fun, love it!!!

4. what a great idea. I think I may have to give this a try with my guys this weekend!

5. I have made these flags a few times with my kids – it is fun to see their hands get bigger! Such a cute idea and as always, LOVE Your pics – off to pin for you πŸ™‚

6. I’ve been wanting to do a Canada Day craft with my daughter. This would be perfect! It doesn’t seem too complex or hard to do.

7. Oh! I LOVE IT! Totally making this with Little One today! I love all your crafty posts! xo

8. Super cute! I love this. Something I think I’ll have the kiddos and my niece and nephew do tomorrow since we’re having a big play date! Thanks for sharing!

9. What a great idea! Your children are completely adorable.

10. Brandy @insanemamacita says:

What a cute idea. My oldest did something similar at school this year.

11. What a fun and creative way to celebrate our country! Have a Happy Canada day!!! Thanks for sharing!

12. Ooohhh, cute! I’ll have to try that. The kids LOVE to do crafts, so it’s a great activity for us. Thanks for posting!

13. This is awesome! And your boys are gorgeous! I’d love to do this!!!! I think I will try it with my oldest!

14. Those flags are faaaaabulous! Happy Canada Day from a fellow Canuck.

15. Jaime Brown says:

I really like this it looks great, it is nice that Canadians show their love of Canada and be proud of being Canadian, and your boys did such a great job on their flags, thank you:)

16. Shared this on our Pinterest! Cute idea!

17. Rosa Cross says:

This is a great idea!

I’m going to make this with my boys for Canada Day! So simple. πŸ™‚

19. We made these one summer when the kids were younger. πŸ™‚

20. Aimee Robison says:

These look like fun to make with the kids. I like this idea. I think I will have to do this, with Canada Day being so close. Thank you for this crafty kid friendly idea πŸ™‚

21. Caroline says:

Very cute and fun idea!

22. Anne Taylor says:

This is so cute! I missed it this year for Canada Day but any day could be making a flag day! Thanks

23. This is so sweet! Totally doing this next Canada Day!

A great way to celebrate Canada Day and involve the kids. Those are treasures to keep πŸ™‚

I also like the Jell-O Swirl Ice Cream for Canada Day too. It sounds fairly easy to make which is always a big plus point for me πŸ™‚

26. Very nice idea for Canada Day

27. I made these with my boys when they were young. So cute!!

28. These are so cute and I want to do this with my grandchildren.Thanks for the great DIY project.

29. angie andrews says:

I love this idea my kids would love making these flags. I will have to remember this for closer to Canada Day πŸ™‚

30. Tricia Hope says:

These are so sweet.My sisiter and her daughter are joining us for Canada day this year.She changed her citizenship to Americian because cross border travel with my niece was such a hassle.Will make these while she is here for sure!Thanks for sharing.

31. Marilyn Legault says:

I love the Canada Flag hand print idea.

32. Angelehm says:

Making handmade flags will be a fun family craft for Canada Day! Great for the daycare kids too with something to bring home to get everyone involved.

33. Leeanne C says:

Such a great idea for kids to celebrate a day of Canada’s Birthday but also a keepsake for parents of their kids handprints.