For my daughter’s recent 8th Birthday Party, we had an “unslumber-slumber party” where the girls dressed in their pjs and we had pizza, crafts and a movie. The slumber part was that they pretended to have a slumber party but at the actual time they would have gone to bed
starting giggling, chatting and keeping each other up all night, they went home! Brilliant idea, I thought!
One of the crafts that we made were Paint Chip Bookmarks.
- paint chip strips
- embroidery thread
- fancy/fun hole punches
- stickers, fancy punched out shapes (from the paint chips) or fancy jewels if desired
- white glue if using fancy jewels
- Select a paint chip strip.
- Punch a hole at the top of the paint chip for your fancy embroidery thread “tassel”.
- Cut a few short strands of embroidery thread (in one or various colours).
- Fold strands in half and put top of fold through the hole at the top of the bookmark and loop the ends through the fold of the embroidery thread.
- Decorate bookmark as desired with stickers or fancy jewels.
There you have it – a super fast and easy craft that even encourages children to read!
Thanks for reading!
~Amanda aka @MultiTestingMom