Tuna Spring Rolls

As Ontario slowly slips out of it’s winter deep freeze, my thoughts turn to all things summer! Meals on the back deck, picnics in the park, road trips with the family…..and all the delicious warm weather food that goes with it! When temperatures rise, it’s just too hot to heat up the kitchen with the oven, and lately I’ve been experimenting with spring roll wrappers and came up with a delicious tuna wrap that’s reminicent of your favourite tuna sandwich without the added calories the bread gives you. These skinny minis are served cold and travel well making them the perfect take along on all your summer activities this year!

Tuna Spring Rolls

Ingredients

1 can of flaked light tuna
2 tbsp light mayonaise
2 green onions
1/2 tsp seasoned salt

leaf lettuce
red or orange pepper, cut into thin strips
cucumber, cut into thin strips

Blue Dragon Spring Roll Wrappers

Directions

I wrote out the recipe I used above, but go ahead and prepare the tuna the way you like it best. If you usually dice up some celery, do that, if you prefer different spices, add those. Go ahead and make it your own. I make my tuna a little different each time and kept is simple in this recipe. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.

tuna

Spring roll wrappers can be a bit finnicky to work with until you get used to handling them. The easiest way is work with one wrapper at a time, and while holding it with both hands, run it under warm tap water until the wrapper becomes soft and pliable. The water doesn’t have to be hot, warm will be fine and it only takes a few seconds for the wrapper to be ready. Once soft, carefully place the wrapper on a flat work space.

To fill, start with a piece of the leaf lettuce to create a bed on the lower portion of the wrap. Then spoon on top a row of the tuna and lastly, place the cucumbers and peppers on top. If you have other veggies you prefer, feel free to sub those in.

prepare wrap

To fold the spring rolls, carefully pull the left and right sides over on top of the filling, then lift the bottom and roll up. Use a bit of water on your finger to rub the roll to make a seal when complete.

Tuna Spring Roll

One can of tuna made about 6 rolls for me.

tuna spring roll

These wraps are so cool and fresh tasting with the soft tuna center and cripsy crunch of the veggies! They were surprisingly filling and I ended up saving a few for the next day. I recommend serving them fresh but they did hold up very well in the fridge and were really the good the next day. Try using Blue Dragon Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce for an added kick!

For more recipe inspiration be sure to visit the Bamboo Room and visit Blue Dragon on Facebook or Twitter

I am part of the Blue Dragon Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

Comments

1. Lynda Cook says:

These look very tasty, not only do I have spring roll wrappers, I have a bag of coleslaw that needs to be used up too, love how versatile these are!!

These would be awesome for a baby shower!

3. Tiffany Steadman-Collins says:

I make spring rolls all the time as they are so yummy! I had never thought to add tuna:) excited to try this!

• momvstheboys says:

we were challenged to come up with something a little different, and this is my new favourite way!

4. I really like how these are gluten free for those of us who have some allergies and intollerances. Plus using rice paper is kind of fun.

I love a good tuna sandwich 🙂

• momvstheboys says:

I like that too, rice paper is a great way to make a gluten free lunch and still have a little fun with it!

5. Those look like a great way to mix lunches up in the summer. I am sick of bread, so I love ideas like this!

6. WOW those look amazing. I have never tried making my own spring rolls before, but these look so easy I will have to give them a try.

• momvstheboys says:

They were really easy once I used a better method of softening them, running it under the tap is the best way to go, don’t try a big pot.

7. I’m going to have to make these! Look delicious!

I had this type of meal quite often in Australia, my son-in-law is of Vietnamese descent and loved making them. They were always good and there was a wide array of herbs, veg, meats etc and we each made our own. He had a bowl of warm water for softening the rice papers which was pretty neat.

9. These look FANTASTIC! My husband has been trying to eat low-carb lately so these would be great for us. The girls really like tuna and I love anything easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

10. My mouth is watering!! That looks so delicious and correct me if I’m wrong, its GLUTEN FREE!!! I can’t wait to make this!

11. This recipe sounds so quick and easy! Perfect for a hot summer night!

12. I tried a little fennel seed. I liked the taste.

13. Treen Goodwin says:

yummmmmm these look and sound really delish , a must try thanks for sharing 🙂

14. Judy Cowan says:

These look great, mind you my family won’t eat tuna but I am thinking I could use some finely chopped chicken instead.

Oh my between these rolls and the Super Caramel Crunch Cake ,I am getting so hungry

16. Aliya D says:

Wow, looks like a great recipe! My mouth is watering looking at your images. I will have to give it a try… Thanks!

17. This is a great idea! All those crunchy veggies look delicious too!

18. Laurie P says:

I bet these would be just as tasty if I used chicken salad, or even some roasted chicken…..just not a fan of tuna, but I do love spring rolls!

19. Victoria Ess says:

These look so delicious! I love using spring roll wrappers!

20. love this recipe been tuna fan always looking for new recpes thanks for sharing

These look so light and tasty!

22. I’m so bored of tuna sandwiches and tuna melts so this is a nice change! The one add in I always must have in my tuna salad is capers. Seriously try it! 🙂

23. These look nice and light and delicious!

This was a nice change thanks for sharing !

25. Eva Mitton-Urban says:

Twelve year old son always loves it when I change things up. Just recently we found “Taco Bowls” – today we are having minced beef/rice in a taco bowl topped with shredded cheese and lettuce. Seems to be a meal of choice for the last month – so having found this post going to try something fun that we both can make. Thanks for posting.

These sure good great,i never seem to roll them right

27. Darren Scrubb says:

Great looking recipe to use for lunch during the Easter Holidays and in the future.