It’s not every day I fix a multi-course dinner with apps and all but I like to go all out on Valentine’s Day! This year I made some yummy baked and breaded mushrooms for pre dinner appetizers!
These are much healthier than a fried version!
They are so good right out of the oven so they just kind of pop with warm juice right in your mouth! Yummers!
Give them a try!
- Small container of fresh whole mushrooms (about 13-14)
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ranch Dressing (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 475F
- Spray a baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray or use a silicone sheet
- Wash and pat mushrooms dry with a paper towel
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each mushroom into the whisked egg, roll in the breadcrumb mixture, tap off excess and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 10-12 min or until golden
- Serve warm with ranch dressing for dipping
I served up mine with a side of Ranch Dressing for dipping!
If you try them out, let me know what you think!